Day 1 – Saturday: Welcome to San Sebastian
Cities covered: San Sebastián, Bilbao, Villasana de Mena
Rendezvous at 1:00 pm in San Sebastian at Hotel Barceló Costa Vasca. Passengers reception, welcome and lunch in San Sebastián, a city of elegant beauty and home to major cultural events. Tour of the town after lunch and transfer by luxury coach to Bilbao, where El Transcantábrico is waiting for us. Welcome drink with the crew. Train trip to Villasana de Mena while enjoying our first dinner onboard.
Overnight in Villasana de Mena.
Day 2 – Sunday: Villasana de Mena – Bilbao – Santander
Cities covered: Bilbao, Santander
Just as every day, we begin the journey with a delicious buffet and a la carte breakfast. El Trancantábrico will take us back to the dynamic city of Bilbao, that has managed to reinvent itself after the decline of its heavy industry. City tour including admission for the famous Guggenheim Museum, epitome of a new Bilbao. Return to the train to continue our journey to Santander while having lunch onboard. City sightseeing tour of the elegant capital of Cantabria and free time. Those who wish may visit El Gran Casino after dinner (entrance included).
Overnight in Santander.
Day 3 – Monday: Santander – Potes – Cabezón de la Sal
Cities covered: Potes
Train trip to Unquera station from where we will travel by coach through the gorge of La Hermida and reach the town of Potes. After visiting this charming village, enjoy a Spa circuit at La Hermida Spa. Return to the train after lunch and trip to Cabezón de la Sal. In the afternoon there will be free time and you may choose to visit the mansion of El Capricho in the town of Comillas, the impressive and colourful 19th century house designed by Antonio Gaudí.
Dinner and overnight in Cabezón de la Sal.
Day 4 – Tuesday: Travel back in time to Santillana del Mar
Cities covered: Santillana del Mar
The day begins with a visit to the town of Santillana del Mar with its beautifully preserved medieval town. Next we will be taken on a tour of Altamira Neocave, the finest realistic example of Upper Palaeolithic cave art. After lunch we will return to the train and travel into Asturian territory, visiting the village of Ribadesella and its charming promenade and stunning historic mansions.
Dinner and overnight in Arriondas.
Day 5 – Wednesday: Deep into the heart of Asturias
Cities covered: Candas, Oviedo
Today our coach will drive us to the heart of the Principality of Asturias, to the Picos de Europa National Park. First enroute is Lake Enol, then visit the sacred place of Shrine of Covadonga to hear its legends. Back onboard for lunch and trip to the region’s capital, Oviedo, the highlight of Asturian Romanesque art, featuring gems such as the basilica of San Julian de los Prados. City tour and free time.
Dinner onboard while we travel to Candás, where we will spend the night.
Day 6 – Thursday: Journey to the charming city of Gijon
Cities covered: Gijón, Luarca
We begin the day discovering Avilés, an ancient city with a precious old town, and Gijón, a city that opens up to the Cantabrian Sea and is alive with cultural events. After visiting both towns, return to the El Transcantábrico to continue our coastal journey to Luarca, visiting this charming seaside town embedded in a stunning landscape.
Dinner and overnight in Luarca.
Day 7 – Friday: Travel along the “Rias Altas” to Ribadeo and Viveiro
Cities covered: Ribadeo, Viveiro
Train trip to the historic town of Ribadeo, in Galician lands, bordering Asturias. Our coach will take us to the Las Catedrales Beach, one of the most spectacular beaches in the world. City sightseeing in Ribadeo and free time. Back on the train for lunch and trip to Viveiro, with city tour and free time.
Dinner and overnight in Viveiro.
Day 8 – Saturday: Your journey ends in Santiago de Compostela
Cities covered: Ferrol, Santiago de Compostela
While enjoying our last breakfast onboard, we will arrive in Ferrol, followed by a comfortable coach trip to Santiago de Compostela. Enjoy a city tour in this historical town, goal of devotees for over a thousand years, and admire its countless artistic jewels such as the Cathedral.
End of trip after the tour.
- Santiago de Compostela to San Sebastian (7 Nights/8 Days)
- San Sebastian to Santiago de Compostela (7 Nights / 8 Days)
- Holy Week 2023 – Oviedo – San Sebastian (3 Nights / 4 Days)
- Taste of El Transcantabrico Gran Lujo: San Sebastian to Gijon (3 Nights / 4 Days)
- Suites on Board
- Lounge Cars
- El Transcantabrico: Inclusions & Exlcusions
- El Transcantabrico Gran Lujo Travel Tips & FAQ
- Booking Terms & Conditions
Costa Verde Express
- Costa Verde Express Luxury Train: Bilbao to Santiago de Compostela (5 Nights / 6 Days)
- Costa Verde Express Luxury Train: Santiago de Compostela to Bilbao (5 Nights / 6 Days)
- Costa Verde Express: Suites
- El Transcantabrico Clasico: Lounges
- El Transcantabrico Clasico: Tour Inclusions & Exclusions
- Costa Verde Express : Tour Tips & FAQ’s
- Booking Terms & Conditions
- Al Andalus Palace on Wheels – Malaga to Seville
- Al Andalus Palace on Wheels Luxury Train – Seville to Malaga
- Al Andalus : Seville to Barcelona Luxury Train Tour (6 Nights / 7 Days)
- Al Andalus : Barcelona to Seville Luxury Train Tour (6 Nights / 7 Days)
- Al Andalus Luxury Train : Porto to Barcelona (7 Nights / 8 Days)
- Al Andalus : Barcelona to Porto Luxury Train (7 Nights / 8 Days)
- Al Andalus Luxury Train : Barcelona to Santiago de Compostela (4 Nights / 5 Days)
- Al Andalus Luxury train : Santiago de Compostela to Barcelona (4 Nights / 5 Days)
- Al Andalus: Tour Inclusions & Exclusions
- Al Andalus: Suites
- Al Andalus: Lounges
- Al Andalus train reservation Tips & FAQ’s
Spain – Portugal