When should I plan to arrive in Seville?
We recommend arriving in Seville at least 1 day prior to your tour so that you may acclimate and relax prior to embarking on your exciting rail journey. Instructions regarding the starting point of the journey will be printed on your travel voucher.
How much should I expect to tip?
Tipping is not mandatory, and is left to the sole discretion of the traveler. This is a decision that should be made based on your enjoyment of the journey and the service.
How should I pack for the weather?
Northern Spain experiences a mild oceanic climate, with not too many extreme temperatures. Please bring along a jacket or coat for chilly evenings, and sun protection for warm afternoons. If traveling during the spring or fall, you are likely to encounter summery weather, so pack lighter clothes.
What does my trip include?
In Standard Suite:
• Accommodation in Standard Suite compartment on the train.
• The best food in dinners and lunches at top restaurants or on the train (including wine, coffee and spirits).
• Breakfasts with buffet and menu.
• Music and entertainment in the Pub coach.
• Programmed excursions with entrance to museums, cathedrals, cloisters, etc.
• Luxury coach accompanying the train all the way.
• Daily newspapers and magazines.
• Permanent security service.
• Multilingual guide throughout the tour.
• An excellent team at your disposal.
In Superior Suite:
Everything included in the Standard Suite plus:
• Accommodation in Superior Suite on the train.
• Option of enjoying two private dinners/lunches in your compartment.
• All non-alcoholic beverages requested at any time throughout the trip.
• Transfers: including two Renfe transfers, one to take you to the starting point of the tour and another one to take you back from the end point of the tour.
Is there a dress code on the train?
The dress code is Casual, although you may dress up for dinner if you would like. We suggest packing comfortable walking shoes and layers of clothing, since the temperatures do fluctuate from day to night.
What kind of meals are provided on this tour?
Here is a sample menu:
Appetizer: “Remojon Granadino” Salad served with cinnamon vinaigrette
Main Course: Pork sirloin grilled in mozarabic sauce with crispy aubergine fingers
Dessert: Sacromonte cake
This is a plated dinner menu provided by the San Nicolas restaurant, which overlooks the Alhambra. If you have special dietary needs, please notify your travel agent when making booking arrangements.
Will I have internet connection on the train?
The Al Andalus train does have wifi in the lounge of the train, although the signal is not strong and may not reach outside of the lounge car. (The signal is also best when the train is stationed.) You may use the computer in the lounge provided for guests’ convenience, or you may connect to the train’s wifi using your personal laptop, tablet or device.
How big are the suites?
A standard suite is 6.72m2. A superior suite is 8.4m2.
What size are the beds in the suites?
The size of the bed is dependent on the type of suite you reserve.
Standard Suite with 2 beds will contain (1) bed that is 0.80 x 1.9 m and (1) bed that is 0.70 x 1.8 m
The superior suite has one double/matrimonial bed that is 1.5 x 1.9 m
If your suite has one extra bed, it is 0.70 x 1.8 m
What is the difference between a Standard and Superior Suite?
The Superior Suites are spacious and elegant and combine the comforts of the 21st century with the original appearance of this historic train.
Ample space distributed into a bedroom and bathroom.
Two meter long double bed which can be turned into a sofa during the day.
Possibility of adding an extra bed for a third passenger.
Equipped with safe, varied minibar, wardrobe, luggage rack and climate control.
Comfortable and spacious bathroom, with hairdryer and a varied set of welcome items.
The Standard Suite is a charming room, which retains the dimensions and Belle Epoque charm of the original compartments.
A bedroom and bathroom layout.
Two single beds which can be turned into armchairs during the day.
Equipped with small minibar, safe, wardrobe, luggage rack and climate control.
Functional bathroom, with maximum use of its space, equipped with shower and a hairdryer.